Periphery’s Clear doesn’t come out for another two weeks, January 28th to be specific, but that isn’t stopping the band from giving you an advanced peak at the album. As previously reported, each track, save for the intro track “Overture” was written by a different member in the band, resulting in a ton of different deviations of the signature Periphery sound, with pieces of “Overture” carried out throughout the album.
Here’s how the songs break down by writer:
2. “The Summer Jam” (written by guitarist Jake Bowen)
3. “Feed the Ground” (written by drummer Matt Halpern)
4. “Zero” (written by guitarist Misha Mansoor)
5. “The Parade of Ashes” (written by vocalist Spencer Sotelo)
6. “Extraneous” (written by bassist/producer Adam “Nolly” Getgood)
7. “Pale Aura” (written by guitarist Mark Holcomb)
The track that stands out most to me is Spencer’s “The Parade of Ashes” because it sounds so different than what we’ve come to know from Periphery, but all the songs are great jams.
Which song is your favorite?